May 16, 2011

Aidyn was hurt bad...

While Aidyn was at his dad's Saturday, he put his hands down on a heated oven door and got serious 2nd and 3rd degree burns on both of his hands and one arm. He spent most of Saturday in the hospital and Sunday morning in the burn center. He is agitated. He cries when you tell him no, he cries when he can't pick up things. He tries his best not to fall because he lands on his hands and it hurts. He is afraid to touch things now. He can't hold a bottle and wants to chew on his supposed to remain sterile bandages. He will have scars. I am a mess. I've had a knot in my stomach since I got the call and even though he's home and being taken care of by his mommy, I am so anxious and just sick that this happened.

9 comments:

Jennifer Ross said...

That poor sweet boy. I feel so bad for him Linds. I will be praying that he feels better and that his hands heal well.

I'm so sorry that you have to see your son in pain and I will be praying that your anxiety goes away.

Love to you...

Hope's Mama said...

Oh Lindsay, I'm so sorry. What an awful thing to happen. Poor Aidyn. We're very much teaching Angus about "hot" now but you can't always avoid these horrible accidents. Wishing him a very speedy recovery and a huge hug for you.
xo

Catherine W said...

I am so sorry. Poor little Aidyn, I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling. As Sally says, we can't avoid accidents but I know how awful it feels when they happen and that horrible knot in your stomach you describe. Hope he makes a quick recovery x

ezra'smommy said...

I'm so sorry. Hope Aidyn recovers swiftly and fully. Big hugs

Penny said...

Poor little fellow! There's not much you can do, except treat his wounds. It is so hard to watch your baby hurt. Hope his pain and your anxiety lessens quickly.

Anonymous said...

Geez.... cant believe I missed this post. Hoping he's on the mend now and his hands are healing just fine. Hope you are feeling better too.

Sending much love to the whole family! xoxo

Anonymous said...

he has no scars

Lindsay said...

That is incorrect. It's been over a month, and if I took pictures of his palms and arm, it is obvious that he has burn scars. He may not have them forever or they may fade a great deal but he hasn't finished healing yet so only time will tell....
If you're on my blog just to try and make little corrections or make yourself feel better, go find something else to do.

Barbara said...

Lindsay, when I was young I put my hand on a red hot electric oven hotplate - goodness only knows why - I remember the huge white blisters on my hand, but I don't remember pain, I remember when the blisters popped and I remember the sore red underneath but I don't have scars now. I didn't burn my arms but I just wanted you to know that your sweet Aidyn will most likely and hopefully heal much better than you might think now.

xxx