Nov 16, 2009

We're back!

We are home, yes WE! Kenny was told on Friday that they were done with most everything, and our hotel was paid up until Sunday afternoon, so we took advantage and enjoyed the city.
I got to spend some quality time with Kenny and one of my best friends. We ate quite a few meals together. One night she cooked red beans and rice, and we ate often at a small French cafe.(If you're in Baton Rouge, go to Le Madeleine..yumm)
I slept in every day and got dressed at my leisure.
Kenny must have really missed us because he was in the mood to spoil. He picked out a very old fashioned wooden music box for Ivy and had it beautifully gift wrapped for her at a boutique. We also bought her a pearl and pink crystal bracelet with a tiny silver cross on it, for her to put inside.
I got expensive truffles and a necklace that is exactly my style in bold silver and wood. I haven't taken it off yet.
Have I ever mentioned how much I love that man? I should, much more often.



So yeah, WE're home and getting settled back in. I've been reading up on all of your posts from when I was gone. Looks like lots has been happening with you guys. I look forward to being all caught up on every one's comings and goings. xo

5 comments:

Lea said...

Welcome back, Linds! It's so nice to hear the joy in your voice!

Beautiful jewelry pieces, btw. Hope you are feeling well.

xo

Catherine W said...

I'm drooling over the photographs of your chocolates!

Glad you had a lovely time and have been thoroughly spoilt. You deserve it! xo

Jennifer Ross said...

Welcome back to blog land... those chocolates look sooooo yummy!!!

margaret said...

Glad you're back honey. You sound much "lighter". Guess your trip was just what you needed to bring back your smile and I'm so happy you went. Kenny did good on the gifts, I am totally impressed. Much love...

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, my Dear!

Glad you had such a good time. And OMG, how beautiful is your necklace? I love the wood inside... (Also I could go for a couple of those mouth-watering chocolates.)
:)

Get settled and enjoy...
xoxo