Sep 17, 2009

AHHH!!

When I learned that Zoe was probably not coming home, I had to have my stitches removed at ob's office as well that day. I don't know why, but I expressed my fears at ever having another child with him. He assured me that I would be fine as he would always take me as a patient and he would do so many scans and so many checks that there's no way that I would lose the next one. He also said that I would have to have a cesarean and that I would have to go to the hospital at any sign of rupture or labor.
Well, as a far as the first bit, he lied. I called him today, and his nurse called back and informed me that my high risk ob, wouldn't feel comfortable taking me on as I was such a high risk. Isn't that the point of a HIGH RISK OB??!! And he completely told me what I wanted to hear in his office that day yet when it was time to fulfill a promise, he doesn't want to take the risk. How afraid should I be if my own doctor is too afraid to treat me?
How will this baby get out if I can't have it natural and no doctor will take me?
This is crazy. I am angry/sad/frustrated but mostly very afraid...

5 comments:

still life angie said...

Linds, oh my goodness...that is so defeating and scary. I'm so sorry that this is happening. You will find someone. But maybe sending him a letter reminding him that he told you another pregnancy with him is okay? You will find someone, honey, someone who won't abandon you. Holding you close right now.

Penny said...

My daughter had a doctor abandon her the month before Leon was due. I told her that he obviously wasn't the right one to deliver her baby and that God had the right person already lined up. He did and the doctor that ended up delivering Leon was the one that had treated her in the ER when she had a bad bladder infection. She really liked him--- even better than the original.
I have a friend that just had preemie twins in April in Shreveport. High risk doctor. I'll ask her who it was and hopefully it's not the same one you had. =)

Tina said...

There is a doctor out there who will be more than willing to take you on as a patient. Don't lose hope Lindsay...you will find someone. xx

margaret said...

Look at this as a sign honey. He's not meant to be your doctor. You will be fine sweetie, I abrupted too with Lorelei and my twins were born a-ok afterwards. I'm thinking of you often, hope things are ok. Love you.

shaneandmargaret1@hotmail.com

Here's my email cause we just can't seem to get it together...LOL

Jennifer Ross said...

I cannot believe that! I don't even know what to say. It's crazy that the doctor would do this. I will keep you in prayer for sure!!